Friday, April 20, 2012

"Think Like A Man": My $8.00 Nap

How I ended up napping through the first half of this movie earlier today  (in a theater located in an Amish town, in the middle of Northern Indiana) would require a bit of explanation. But there's really no logical way to explain other than to say, it just happened.

(Okay. I'm not being truthful. There is an explanation for why I'm here, in the middle of nowhere, and I'm not entirely happy with it so I've decided to pretend that I AM happy I'm here even though it was last minute (therefore spontaneous) and changed my plans and cut into my time but, of course, I'm happy. Lovely run on sentence and believe me, I could have kept it going far longer but that would just bore anyone who reads this and me, too, for that matter!)

I NEVER fall asleep in a theater so it must have been the movie ;).    It wasn't very good...at all... but only IMO. My viewing partner really enjoyed it but I won't judge her for her taste. We both didn't expect fantastic but thought it might have been better acted and funnier. Sure, it was filled with B- actors but it was based on the popular book "Act Like A Lady; Think Like A Man" by Steve Harvey.  The premise sounded interesting, a " play book" for women as to the inner workings of men's thought processes regarding the opposite sex and how to go on the offense as opposed to always playing defense. Sounds kind of fun, right?

The only value I received for my $8.00 was much needed rest and some mighty fine eye candy...shirtless, muscled men...not bad viewing at all (best look...Zeke cooking breakfast in flannel pajama pants but that was probably only worth a dollar or two).

The highlight of the night, however, was our realization that we were only minutes from a local diner featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives called South Side Soda Shop. They're known for their Chili Parfaits served in a tall soda glass with noodles on the bottom, chili, cheese, onions and sour cream on top (like whipped cream, I suppose) YUM! And when you're asked if you want the shoe string fries, you say, "Of course!" I can't remember the last time I had fries...pitiful. By the time the waitress brings over the tray of 20 different types of pie and asks "Are you interested in dessert?" How can you say anything other than "Sure, why not?" because you've already had chili and fries, and chocolate, peanut butter cream pie sounds delightful, doesn't it? (peanut butter in the crust, too!).      

Unexpected, spontaneous days are quite a treat! ;-)

6 comments:

Ed Pilolla said...

i have never watched that show. that sounds like a lot of fun:)

Gina said...

As far as movies go, you aren't missing anything. I dozed in the theater during the whole first half.

It was a fun day/night probably because it was spur of the moment as well as a great diner find. I love movies and good food....a perfect combo! The chocolate peanut butter pie was out of this world!

About Last Weekend said...

What a fabulous night for eight bucks and now you've got me dreaming about the choccie peanut butter pie!

Unknown said...

Fries and pies feast sounds like good compensation for a movie that was so bad that it put you to sleep!

Gina said...

All totaled up...a great value for $18!

Keep dreaming because that pie was the bomb!!!

Gina said...

Hahahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself, Jen!