Monday, November 2, 2015

Am I? Am I not? #NaBloPoMo


The simplest answer is I don’t know yet. I have participated in NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, for the last two years. 

In 2013, I even impressed myself by blogging each and every day. It was tiresome, yet extremely rewarding. I felt, it felt, good.

In 2014, I missed a few days, but was determined to take it in stride, and pick up where I left off. No harm, no foul. I blogged much more than anticipated. I felt happy. Writing felt good.

So here we are, 2015, and I am bouncing around the idea of doing it again. I know, for sure, that putting something to page each and every day dramatically improves my writing. It's a known fact about practice. I’m scared, though, that I won’t have the time. I'm scared I will find something else to do. 

Here is were the “cut myself some slack” talk comes in. If I post one-fifth of what I have in the last few month, which is virtually nothing, I am way ahead. 

Maybe I will make a few new blog friends. Maybe I will learn some interesting things. Quite possibly I'll get reacquainted, and semi-intimate, with my inner muse. All wins, right?

And then there is the (self-inflicted) peer pressure! My blog roll is full of writers excited for the November to begin. And writing!!!!! I want this feeling. I want to be excited. I don't want to miss out on the fun; I suffer from FOMO sometimes.

I have until November 5th to decide. Today, I am in! I hope that goes for tomorrow, too, and the next day, and the day after that, and the day after…


Are you in or out?

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

Glad you'll be joining us! Looking forward to following your blog!

Alexandra said...

"I know, for sure, that putting something to page each and every day dramatically improves my writing. It's a known fact about practice." You nailed it, it becomes practice and even if the words don't flow easier , we become more comfortable sitting with the silence. That's it, we see that we can write even if the muse doesn't appear. So glad to see you!!

Jack said...

The stalker who barely puts pen to page suggests she is going to write daily. Hmm, well I suppose the Cubs could win the World Series and the Bears could win the Superbowl.

Stranger things have happened. :)

Gina said...

Me too! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Gina said...

Hi Alexandra! For me, practicing makes the words flow easier. I often give up when I feel I'm struggling because words are elusive. There will be a lot of pushing through this month, I predict! Thanks for the encouragement!

Gina said...

Haha! Been busy! Personal stuff that's not really mine to share but maybe some of it will work into the writing!

Cubs didn't do so bad this year. They were fun to watch. As long as we have Cutler, the Bears will always suck. At least it was a gorgeous day at Soldier Field Sunday. And the company was fantastic and distracting from the events on the field. Beer will do that!

Unknown said...

In!

Gina said...

EXCITED!!!

Tessa Jones said...

I'm in! I've attempted BEDA in the past (blog every day in april) and failed but this is my first year doing NaBloPoMo and I've started out with (what I think) are great ideas and I hope I can continue to be inspired. I'm sure I will be since I know I'm not alone in this.

Gina said...

It's truly exciting and inspiring because there's so much encouragement and camaraderie in November! For me, ideas for content are not the difficult part. It is carving out the time! Best of luck and I'm looking forward to visiting your blog!