Saturday, April 29, 2017

Fishtail

Fishtail

They care nothing of what you want. It is said they reveal themselves on their own terms. 

And there’s this come hither sense to them, too. A beckoning finger. A sultry laugh.
An enigma or a best kept secret, they are.

And their constant teasing left my heart aching. Longing. Hopeful.
They held me there for days. Captive. 

Leave them alone, I told myself. Ignore them. Let them think they mean nothing.

And then it happened. When I least expected. Catching me unprepared. 

Inviting the late afternoon breeze into the room, I caught a sudden glint. My eyes widened with disbelief.


There it was. Naked without its veil. Illuminated.

The sun's last streaks banking off its peak.

Unexpected. Unbelievably majestic. Like a movie backdrop. 
My hand reached out into the crisp air. 

No comments: