Monday, April 3, 2017

Time is Stingy: 100 Word Challenge


I made a huge mistake the last time we were together. It was failing to appreciate it for what it was; the last time we would ever see each other.

I had a strategy for it, too. To trace your brows, lashes, lips, jaw with my thumbs all the way to your earlobes completely memorizing your face. Slowly. Feature by feature.

I suppose part of me realized it could be that day. Like the shared molecules that previously made up "us" vaporized before our view, I felt it. You?


Time refuses to give that back. It moves forward. Without us.

********************************

This week, Tara at Thin Spiral Notebook charged us to write a piece about whatever we desired. The caveat? She refused to allow the letter "N" . Yeah, crazy hard! You try it. Go, go!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I swear there was a sassy comment here last night. Now [Poof!], it's gone and I didn't remove it either. A certain poster did ;-)

Jack said...

I don't know what happened to it. I figured you felt badly about me letting the world know how you really used your thumbs upon my face and nuked it. :)

TL Roberts said...

I was so captivated by this, I never missed the n's.

Gina said...

Funny guy! No, I originally saw the comment via email, but when I went to respond this morning it wasn't here. Maybe the sassy comment police snagged it before the world saw such nonsense!

Gina said...

Thanks, Tara! This was a really fun exercise in finding alternative ways to say things. The toughest were the negatives. It's hard not saying not, or using a contraction!

Jack said...

It has been a crazy time, so I can't say I am surprised to see/hear that it just disappeared. I am thinking about doing the same.