Monday, May 8, 2017

Costa Rican Addition: It's Monday. What Are You Reading?

Talk about things that go bump in the night. AND day! It's no wonder Spielberg chose this country to film "Jurassic Park". So many crazy hybrid animals!

Sitting at the Liberia airport with time on my hands. So here goes.

What have I recently finished reading?

Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich. Interconnected short stories of an extended Native American family in North Dakota. She's a fabulous writer. 4+ stars.

What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi. Outstanding stories and writing. Each involves a key of some sort. To a library, heart, door, mind. You get the picture. Loved it!

What am I reading now?

The Ravishing of Lol Stein by Marguerite Duras, translated from French. Only 30 pages in but liking it very much so far. It's short so I should finish it by Houston.

What will I read next?

I have Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan in my carry on. It's supposed to be light and fun. Good deal!

That's it! How about you?

Hosted by The Book Date

2 comments:

pussreboots said...

Blogging from an airport. That's dedication! It was another busy week but I did manage to finish some books. Come see what I'm reading.

Gina said...

What can I say? Time on my hands. First vacation I've been able to polish off three books in five days. It did rain a lot of the time though. It was like a cruise ship on land.