Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Butter or No Butter....

On your popcorn? Me, I'm all for the fake butter stuff!


Just got back from "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". I read all three books and saw the Swedish version of all three movie adaptations. However, reading and viewing the first was a whiiiile ago, so I remembered the gist of the storyline and some of the "unforgettable" particulars but it was pleasing to be surprised by a few things. I must mention that I have a memory like an elephant, which is a blessing and a curse (I will write about this one day, I'm sure), so I will have to go back and see if the screenwriters changed some things to make it easier for the viewers to understand the plot (I think they did)! It's quite complicated.


What I can say is the neophytes to the trilogy, husband and daughter,  thought the movie was fantastic. I will add that Daniel Craig was at his best and Rooney Mara was exactly the "Lisbeth" I envisioned. She should win some sort of something! 


The movie is outstanding without the need to have read any or all of the books. Of course, I was on hand to explain some of the criss crossing plot thingies. It was a very crafty movie that makes all of us want the sequel to be out...RIGHT NOW!


Go and get your popcorn!

2 comments:

Madeleine said...

Oh I enjoyed this too! Like you, I've read the trilogy and seen the Swedish films. Although I don't normally care for 'remakes', I think David Fincher did an excellent job with this, and was perhaps a little truer to the book than the Swedish film. Superb casting, too. I look forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Gina said...

I agree this version was truer to the book which is one of the big reasons I liked it better than the Swedish one. Hard to believe the entire plot, for the most part, could be covered in 2:40. Didn't care for the Mikael casting in the original movie so Craig was a huge plus.