Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's Time To Put This One In The Books

Sunday Stealing: The 2011 Year End  Meme

This is the first time I'm participating in Sunday Stealing's Meme. It's been fun reading the responses from those who have shared. Below are mine. Sounds like I'm a little boring but really I'm not. I'm hung over so thinking about my answers was taxing and my formatting sucks today. Sorry!


What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
            Became a PADI certified diver.

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope and yes! It will include the same one that I have failed at for the last three years.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
            No and thank goodness not my 21 year old!

Did anyone close to you die?
            No and another thank goodness!

What countries did you visit?
            Italy, Honduras 2X (Comayagua and Roatan), Mexico, Costa Rica   

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
            More peace

What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
         June 2nd, my son’s high school graduation 
August 26th when my nest became empty

What was you biggest achievement of the year?
Three thingsStarting this blog, successfully sending both kids off to university and completing my first (and possibly last) triathlon

What was your biggest failure?
Not repairing a destroyed relationship by choice (could be considered a success as well), not accomplishing a resolution that was important due to my own laziness.

What was the best thing you bought?
            A trip for myself

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My son who pulled it together to pass Calculus in the final days to graduate high school and my daughter who started a business with her friend for college money

Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
            All those involved in the Penn State abuse scandal

What song will always remind you of 2011?
            Too many to name one
           
What do you wish you’d done more of?
            Read

What do you wish you’d done less of?
            Procrastinate and web surf

Did you fall in love in 2011?
            No, damn it!

What was your favorite new TV program?
            Showtime’s Homeland

What was the best book you read?
            Rules of Civility

What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
            Being able to let go just a little easier

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Tight fitting clothes but not by choice, but I chose to eat and drink which affected my personal fashion

What kept you sane?
            My friends

Who did you miss?
            My kids who were away at college

Who was the best new person you met?
            Someone who I will, most likely, never see again

Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
            To let go and trust that you have raised them right

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
            Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster then you think
So don't blink.” Kenny Chesney

No comments: