Friday, July 27, 2012

REMEMBERING: JUNE 27th




People remember different things/dates/days in their lives often out of the shear impact they have on them; what that event meant and how they were affected.

Obvious examples include wedding dates, a child’s birth and, for most of our generation, September 11th, 2001. Of course, there are many more such dates of a personal nature that apply only to an individual.

For me, I’ll personally add June 27th to my list of days/events that changed my life. Forever. And I will remember it every single year going forward.

One month ago to the day, and it was a Wednesday, my life changed significantly. Looking back on it today, one month later, my transformation was mentally and emotionally but thankfully not physically.

Now I just have to figure out its purpose. Why it happened and what’s to be done in my life because of it.

I was lucky and should do something with that good fortune, right?

So I wait to discover my path with anxious anticipation.

Patience.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Does it have to have a purpose or could it be nothing more than a random event that just happened to you?

Gina said...

I feel it should have a purpose. I'm grateful to have the use of my fingers and legs and arms. Are things random events? I don't know.

Jack said...

If you feel it should have a purpose that is cool. I was just curious if there was more to this. Doesn't have to be, just wondering.

Gina said...

Not really. Just thankful I'm not a quadriplegic like most. I've heard it sooooo many times, to count my blessings and be thankful with my outcome which I am.