Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dream Until Your Dreams Come True!


There are two Facebook Pages I follow and for those who know me or read me here, I’m not on Facebook much. However, I will take the time to read anything that these pages post. Today, I found these at “Healing the Planet 2012” and “Lessons Learned in Life”.

I’m sappy lately and I’m okay with that. I’m also up way too late these days surfing and writing and messing around.

Here are three thoughts at midnight, July 11, 2012. For whatever they are worth to you.

You would think that taking tiny little step would seem so trivial. Not true! It is better to take many small steps in the right direction, than none at all. Keep moving and you will calmly past obstacles that have defeated you before. Even if you don't see results right away, don't give up, but every small step you make towards that goal is affecting you in ways you would never imagine.
~Brigitte Nicole

Happiness is not about getting what you want all the time. It’s about loving what you do have.
         From: Lessons Learned In Life (the Facebook Page)

Okay, this is just Aerosmith, Dream On:

Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true.

Yesterday, I wrote about never knowing if you will have a tomorrow. It’s not promised anywhere. There are no guarantees, AT ALL.

It is up to us to achieve our own happiness. It is up to us to realize our own goals. Dig deep and work hard. No one can do it for us. The hope is that our loved ones support what we hope to do and achieve.

Dream On! Dream until your dreams come true.

5 comments:

Jack said...

You made me think of this line:

“You know, we just don’t recognize the most significant moments of lives while they are happening. Back then I thought, Well there’ll be other days. I didn’t realize that was the only day.”
Archibald (Moonlight) Graham
Field of Dreams

Gina said...

Oh....I love this quote and it's sooo very true! I admit to being scared lately, about this. I've come to realize that there might NOT be other days, or other days when we are able to accomplish what we can right now.

There was a Trifecta prompt last weekend "The world will end in three days" and right at that moment, last Friday, it hit way too close to home. I wrote it but never submitted it.

You just don't know.

Jack said...

I have blogged about it three or four times recently and probably several in the past.

Life is sometimes unpredictable. When I was younger I didn't think twice about some of these things but in the last 20 years or so I have been to bunches of funerals.

More than a few were for people who 40 or younger so I have come to pay close attention to trying to do things now as opposed to later.

TMWHickman said...

Taking time to think about life and what's important is never sappy.

Gina said...

I spend a lot of time thinking about life. I always have. Thinking about it reminds me constantly of what truly is important and what's just fluff. Thanks for not thinking me sappy.