Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If This Isn't Random Enough, I'm Not Sure What To Say!


I can’t imagine that anything I write from this point further will be more random than the randomness that this post will turn out to be. Thanks, Stacy, for letting random be the norm and not just be considered bad writing. And Shawn for allowing us to get it all out at Talk To You Tuesdays.

To say that I am currently frustrated, which I mentioned yesterday, is an understatement. It’s been three weeks and I still really can’t go anywhere by myself, or do anything (nothing I want to do except read and write). When you contemplate all the things you “can’t” do that you “want” to do, you then want to do them all the more and that’s just plain frustrating. I’m not being ungrateful because I am grateful. I’m just being feeling sorry for myself and that’s not good and not like me. Snap the “H-E-double hockey sticks” out of it.

I am also extremely over caffeinated at the moment. Two large javas will do that to a girl and my fingers are flying. My mouth would be flying, too, if I had someone to talk with. My girlfriend stopped by (the one who brought the second large vessel of coffee) and I just about got on my knees, pulled at her clothing and begged her to stay with me. However, she brought  “devil dog” along and after tearing through my house with Addy for an hour both soaking wet, I’d had enough. Now I’m lonely again :-(

Why can’t I just push an “on” button for anything in this house and have that thing simply work? Turn on. I’m not techie by any stretch of the imagine but I have a definite knack for figuring things out  and I won't let this computer, Linksys, Mediacom modem SH$T get the better of me. But I also don’t feel like wasting hours on the phone jumping through hoops to get everything to work. So I picked up the phone and asked someone to help, to do it for me. Does all this technology, wireless stuff annoy anyone but me?

Thank God for ponytails. It’s the only thing I can physically do to my hair right now and I’m finding the style very freeing. Before 3 weeks ago, I can’t remember the last time I actually put my hair in one.

Do MRIs make anyone squeamish? Claustrophobic? I have another one this afternoon for a torn rotator cuff (this stupid accident really messed me up!). YUCK! I’m not either of those two things but there is something terribly creepy about being shoved in a tube, panic button in hand and no quick way out. I often wonder if anyone is really manning the booth they hide behind in the other room and if I did push the button or scream, would anyone be there to hear me? Today…I just might test it out.


I need to buy new eyelashes for the weekend. Never know when you might need them.

It’s not easy being off of pain meds. I’m not sure that needs any more explanation. Hopefully the nauseating pain in my shoulder and the results of the MRI will yield a new supply. I’m not addicted, I swear!

What’s good on the tube right now? I need things to watch, to occupy some time.

I’m so excited to be writing a ton. But I’m not reading very much. Rats! I need to really dive into The Hunger Games. I know I’ll get hooked and it’s just what I need but I can’t seem to settle my mind into reading. Writing seems to be working better for me.

I’m bored with myself.

I can’t believe my kids go back to school in less than one month. I’m just short of devastated about this. I’m a “touchy feely” mom and they indulge me, usually. I will miss this horribly! I guess my attentions will have to be directed elsewhere (begrudgedly?). Lucky man!

I swear it’s like my neck is in its own 24 hour a day personal hot sauna and it’s getting skinnier which is not a good thing I’m thinking. If my posture isn’t stellar in 6 more weeks of this, I’m going to be really P-O’d.

That must be random enough for Random Tuesdays, right?

Stacy
Seriously Shawn

4 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

((HUGZ!!)) to you, Gina! You're not alone - those MRI's make me claustrophobic. I'll be curious to see if you test out that button! ;)

I bought some false eyelashes - but haven't tried them out yet. I think I'll have to follow your lead and see if anyone notices! ;)

School for Princess Nagger starts in 5 weeks - I'm going to miss having her entertain me on a daily basis. Not to mention the extra hugs and kisses I get. ;)

Thanks so much for being such a diligent Rebel! :) I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy full recovery! :)


Steamy Weather, Nomination Honor, Wonky Thermostat and Asshat Parking

Gina said...

Thanks, Stacy! I actually fell asleep during the MRI because of my messed up sleep schedule, no doubt. So I didn't have the opportunity to push the button to see if Tom, the X-Ray man, would respond!

Do it! Wear the lashes and report back with who notices. I will definitely be sporting them more often especially for special dates or occasions. They are just plain fun!

Mine go back to college but we have lots of weekend trips for football games scheduled to see them! I will miss the day-to-day!

I love Tuesdays and the opportunity to be Random with you! AND thank you for the well wishes. I'm definitely making progress!

TMWHickman said...

Congrats on surviving the MRI. I would have required Xanax! I am now thinking of false eyelashes, just because you have recommended them with your story.

Gina said...

I hate MRIs. They put me in this weird position that hurt then Tom the tech said, "Ok, now relax." Ya, right! It was freezing but I had a few blankets and I admit to dozing off even though it was loud as hell (no relaxation meds offered either. What???).

The eyelashes were a hit and they will ride again. Tina, go out and get some at the drug store. I promise they're fun!