Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Awards: Making Me Feel Special Today!




I’ve met some of the most awesome people in the world since I started this blog. They have supported me with lovely comments, laughed at my silly stuff and been all around sweet friends. Thank your for this. And I get so much from them, from reading their blogs and I rarely miss one of their posts because I love their style of writing and what they share of themselves.

AND NOW!!!! They are giving me awards!

So I put on a fancy dress just to type out this acceptance post. Actually, all I did was shower, which is a pretty big deal. So I’m fresh as a daisy accepting these!

You can’t even imagine how special this is to me at the moment.

a.eye over at  started off award season for me a few weeks ago. I apologize to her for not posting about this sooner. She is so engaging, to me, and really, really funny and her pictures series lately has given me the opportunity to get to know her better which I love.

Thank you, a.eye Shouldn't Life Be More Than This?, for the Liebster Award for bloggers with less than 200 followers (maybe someday or maybe not but it doesn’t matter one bit because I’m appreciative of those I interact with right at this very minute!)

Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award.

1.Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2.Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3.Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4.Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or fewer. *I will do this at the end.
5.Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog

Then yesterday, Jen at We're Living A Full LIfe gave me the Fabulous Blog Ribbon. I love Jen and I think she knows it. She talks honestly, she’s genuine and funnier that heck. Also, she takes amazing photographs, which she shares on her blog, and I AM missing those this summer (how about some from the beach trip?) Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

This morning, Kenya from Here's The Thing bestowed on me another Fabulous Blog Ribbon. Okay! Yes, I do feel very special and this is exactly the kind of bump I needed today. Kenya makes me chuckle every time she comments on my blog. She writes about Christopher (her son) and her dad (love him without even knowing him) and she entertains me with everything she writes. I hardly miss a post of hers. Thank you, thank you!

For the Fabulous Blog Ribbon:

Name five things I've experienced in my life that were FABULOUS:
(This is really easy!)
1.    The day I walked down the aisle into the loving arms of the sweetest man in the world. I thank God everyday that he waited because I was very late and his friends said, “Let’s Go!” They didn’t really say that but kind of.
2.    The moment I first saw my babies and held them tightly to my chest.
3.    My first mission trip to Comayagua, Honduras nine years ago when I first met and fell in love with my Goddaughters, Juana and Johanna.
4.    Spending the last 20 entire summers at the lake playing camp counselor to my children and teaching them everything there is to know about simple living.
5.    The days I met my heart’s true best girlfriends; one at her birth, one freshman year in college and one as a young mother 16 years ago.

List five things I hate:
(Hate is such a strong word and I don’t really use it)
1.    Tippy top of the list…Judgmental people.
2.    People who talk behind others’ backs.
3.    Blue Cheese!!!!!
4.    Racism of any sort.
5.    Laundry and this I can say I hate with a passion like no other.

Five things I love:
1.    My family. My friends. Couldn’t live without either.
2.    Watching a sunrise or sunset over the water with someone special.
3.    A really, really, really good hug from someone who cares about me. Holding hands.
4.    Autumn when the trees are changing everyday (the first blanket of snow is close behind)
5.    Living simply.

Pass the award to five other bloggers. *Will do this at the end (and leave a comment on their blog, so they know they are a recipient.)

Liebster Award

The Fabulous Blog Ribbon
a.eye @ Shouldn't Life Be More Than This? (She engages me to no end)
Arnebya @ What Now And Why? (NEVER fails to crack me up with word choice even if the subject matter is serious. Sorry about that.)
Tina @ Not Just Another Mother Blogger (Her tastes run similar to mine, she’s one of my greatest boosters and her thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated)
Jody @ About Last Weekend (Her antics and photos from her life experiences turn me green with envy and I’m just glued to what goes on with her…not in a creepy way, though!)
Stacy Uncorked(A new friend that let’s randomness rock every Tuesday and post some crazy stuff that I just have to read)

Thanks again, my friends, for the special awards. CHEERS!!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness woman! You are crazy I am awarded out. I'm gonna hold onto this one for a while and do it after vacation. And yes, I will be taking my camera to The Cape you betcha!

There is something amazing about a person who give a good hug. My big brother is a great hug-er he gives the initial hug and then goes in for that second squeeze as if to say I love you "this much more" it really is great. When I met my nephews now wife and his daughter in law (Nan) for the first time she gave me the best hug and instantly I knew I loved her.
And blue cheese is awesome, just saying!!

TMWHickman said...

Oh! Thank you so much! You've made my day!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Awww thank YOU for your sweet words. I just finished my healthy salad for lunch and said, "All this needs is some blue cheese" ;-) I don't love blue cheese. But I don't hate it either. It's kind of like red onions. I'll want it on there but then I pick them out.

Gina said...

You make mine most days when I read your funniness posted on your blog. Thanks for THAT!

Gina said...

Good job on the healthy says the one who is still eating cookies! Oops!

I don't care for it at all. I will pick it out if I have to but would prefer not getting close to it to begin with. Funny, I love all cheese but this!

Gina said...

This Liebster is an easy one. No questions, just pass along. I was kidding you about having to answer them even though I love when you do.

Have soooo much fun at The Cape and I know you'll record the memories for posterity!

Hugs---NOTHING LIKE THEM IN THE WORLD. I mean the good ones. It is an art, I think, mixed with feelings. Love that about your big brother and the go backer! You can tell something about a person by the way they hug, I agree wholeheartedly!

No way to blue cheese. It's glorified mold! But darn it, I do wish I liked it!

MOV said...

Congrats on your awards!!! You deserve them. I like your sunny spot in the blogosphere. :)

best,
MOV

Gina said...

Thanks, MOV. And I adore your spot! Thanks for being a wonderful source of support through all your comments!

About Last Weekend said...

Oh thank you for this! You are so sweet. I love getting these awards. Love how you focus always on the positive and hugs in life.

Gina said...

You are one of my very favorite reads in the blogger world. Your posts always brighten my day. Thank you for that!

a.eye said...

Thanks so much for the compliments.

I love that you love your family so much and that you have a vacation place in the summer right by the lake.

I also hate racism and most other hateful isms. I wasn't a hugger for most of my life, but since my late 20s have loved good hugs - giving and receiving.

Gina said...

I love your blog, as you know because I probably comment way too much. I hate most/all -isms too.

NOTHING in the world like a good hug! Glad you found them when you did.

a.eye said...

It's never too much! I love reading your comments - makes me happy to see that you keep coming back.

I had another few great hugs today and thought of this post.

Gina said...

I'm so happy for you! I had a great day with awesome hugs as well!

Arnebya said...

Thank you for this, Gina. I'm still formulating my responses.

Gina said...

Take your time. You know I love what you write.