Friday, June 22, 2012

Taking Song Suggestions: I HATE Chores!


I. Hate. Chores! But if I have to do them, like this afternoon, I’m going to do them MY WAY!!!

I’m not a hoarder by any means but I am a “keeper” and “cluttery” and a person with separation anxiety for things I just may need sometime in the near or distant future. Parting with clothes is what I’m working on now and it’s hard to do (I'm talking decades worth). Hard unless it doesn’t fit anymore but I swear most of it still does.

Anyway…

My way of doing things means loud music, dancing and lots of breaks (having one right now). And a bunch of Diet Dew (I might be a little hyped up right now so maybe I should lay off of the Mountain Dew a bit but being hyped up helps for this sort of thing!). I’ve actually shut my door and I’m having a private moment and please don’t knock and ask what I’m doing in here because I really can’t hear you with the music on so loud. Just go back to what you were doing and I’ll slide $10 under the door so you can go get some lunch.

So, I’m kinda doing a girl crush music thing at my dance party. At the moment, I have huge crushes on Colbie Caillat and Pink so they are heavily featured this afternoon. I keep replaying “Brighter Than The Sun” and “Raise Your Glass” and shakin' it. I think this could double as my workout today, don't you think?

This song just shuffled through on my iPod and I was like, “Ya, Baby! That’s right!” Not sure why it got that reaction out of me at this particular moment. But it did!

“Who cares if you disagree
You are not me
Who made you king of anything
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died
And made you king of anything”
King of Anything by Sarah Bareilles

I still have a lot to do. I’m reloading my Coke so text me your song suggestions. I’m taking requests!

Gina, go back to work! Alright already, I AM!

6 comments:

TMWHickman said...

You go! I still haven't finished clearing out the front bedroom since we moved in, and it's been more than ten years. I know, it's sad!

Gina said...

I just hate that kind of stuff but I finally got it done through all of my complaining and procrastinating. Six gigantic bags off to Goodwill!

k~ said...

I've never heard of the songs you mentioned... now I will have to run a search and hear what I've been missing! :0(

Ducky said...

I love purging. Hauling big bags full of "stuff" that just has been sitting around with no real home of its own makes me feel good. Cleaning is therapy to me. Maybe I am the one who is a little off here. SOME clutter is probably normal. I suppose I'm more of a building up to the purge kind of person. Things get cluttery and I can't take it anymore and toss. :D

And HECK YES! Dancing can totally double as a workout. You go girl!

Gina said...

K~ You gotta get your girl crush going on! Love them both!

Gina said...

I suppose I have an aversion to what I know needs to be done,which this did. I can think of about a million things I'd rather do than clean. Just me, I know!

Man, I shook it up so good that I was exhausted. I NEVER nap and I was sound asleep when when my husband walked in the door this evening.