Monday, June 25, 2012

Pretty Please Somebody Write Trifecta for Me This Week?


It's Girls' Week here in the middle of nowhere...beginning tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

But if I had time this week, I would totally be doing Trifecta’s Prompt #3! 


Write a 33-333 word response to the song featured below. There are no other requirements for this prompt. Just use the song to inspire a creative response. The Smashing Pumpkins’ song “Thirty-Three”.

First of all, I’ve always liked this Chicago band and bummed out they broke up. There’s a ton of significance to thirty-three in this song. The video is awesome, quirky and sooo good! Watch it.

Love this line for some reason; “Tomorrow’s just an excuse away”, among others.

Somebody out there! Pretty please write this for me?

Of course, as you, however. I don't cheat!


(I just wanted to put it on record the hour Trifecta published the prompts that this is the one I would have chosen even though I'm not writing for it)

"Thirty-Three"
The Smashing Pumpkins

Speak to me in a language I can hear
Humour me before I have to go
Deep in thought I forgive everyone
As the cluttered streets greet me once again
I know I can't be late, supper's waiting on the table
Tomorrow's just an excuse away
So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own
The earth laughs beneath my heavy feet
At the blasphemy in my old jangly walk
Steeple guide me to my heart and home
The sun is out and up and down again
I know I'll make it, love can last forever
Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
And you can make it last, forever you
You can make it last, forever you
And for a moment I lose myself
Wrapped up in the pleasures of the world
I've journeyed here and there and back again
But in the same old haunts I still find my friends
Mysteries not ready to reveal
Sympathies I'm ready to return
I'll make the effort, love can last forever
Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
Tomorrow's just an excuse
And you can make it last, forever you
You can make it last, forever you

2 comments:

momto8 said...

no excuses in our house...just solutions...that's what we tell our kids anyway.

Gina said...

I know, I know! Same here so I will just have to reside myself to the fact that I want to write something for it but won't. And that's ok too. But I would do this prompt for sure!