Begging my uptight parents for the umpteenth time to pretty please let me go to this concert, I finally got a YES! My first concert ever and it was The Rolling Stones at Solider Field.
Earth to parents! What in the world were you thinking? I learned more that day than four years of high school!
That Saturday, the trains were packed with thousands migrating to the city; heading to the concert of the decade! I was lucky to be going and luckier for a ticket, as were the 60,000+. Seats were general admission, so if you weren’t early, you sat at the back like us! Mind you, we got there at 9:00 a.m. for a concert that started at 6:00 though backup bands played all day.
This crazy ass day began my lifelong love of going to concerts. I’ve seen many a concert from the cheap seats.
When my daughter asked for four Bon Jovi/Daughtry tickets for Christmas a few years back, I was thrilled, mostly because getting a teenager to provide a Christmas list is difficult in itself. She was over the moon even though they were just short of the “nose bleed” section. I was a bit concerned with the concert venue; the United Center is in a seedy part of town.
As the date approached, I became extremely hesitant to let young girls drive down to the stadium at night and park in a dark lot even with a pass. My excuse to go? I got online and bought two tickets thinking I’d drag a friend.
Entering the stadium, I pointed out the girls’ gate and headed a different direction entirely. Just as the concert was about to start, I got a text from my daughter. “Mom, where are you?” I replied, “Look towards the stage and I’ll stand on my chair.” The answer I got back was, “Mooooooom!!!!!!”
I don’t do the cheap seats anymore, darling!
1. Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
2. You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
3. The word itself needs to be included in your response.
4. You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
5. Your post must include a link back to Trifecta.
6. Please submit your post's permalink, not the main page of your blog. For example: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/03/trifextra-week-eight.html not www.trifectawritingchallenge.com.