5.) Someday I am going to _______. (Inspired by Marcy Writes)
Man, there are a hundred things I “think” I’m going to do someday. Hundreds!!!
The list has resided solely in my head, pretty much, until last weekend when it came up in conversation with my best friend. Of course, she’s heard or knows most of these things yet a few were new to even her and a few she just said “Why?!?” Because I have to, which may not be a very good reason at all?
Something’s have been on “the list” for a very long time (most) and a few things are new-ish. But I’m constantly thinking about it. Some of these things are wishes blurred with someday things but they’re kind of the same, aren’t they? And I’ll just add as an aside, I’m not getting any younger so I should probably hustle on a few (no comments from the peanut gallery, please and you know who you are!)
So….Someday I’m going to _____________________.
1. Become fluent in another language other than American and British English. My best chance is Spanish for which I have an entire Rosetta Stone program, unopened from almost 5 Christmases past. It was an expensive program and my family is still upset with me that I haven’t taken off the cellophane yet. I currently speak outstanding Spanglish for which I’m fairly proud, a teensy bit of French and a wee bit of Italian.
2. Rent an apartment in
and live for a year. Rome
3. Get a rescue Lab to fill this house back up with some puppy action.
Addison is too lonely without her sister!
4. Rent a 58’ boat and sail throughout the
Caribbean Sea for an entire winter.
5. Become a yoga teacher and perfect that calm, soothing voice all great yoga teachers have helping their student to meditate peacefully and effectively.
6. Take creative (fiction) writing classes at the local college.
7. Live in the city again. I mean
8. Send in our application for the Amazing Race (mine and Susie’s) soon because it is due November 1st. The video submission is being edited right now. Our premise is that people often think we’re sisters and sometimes twins. We are quite funny together and, as a twosome, can charm just about anyone. She’s committed to doing all the gross eating challenges and I will hang out of all the helicopters. We don’t fight and we’re not catty but we make a joke out of just about everything but mostly ourselves. Wish us luck!
9. Complete the 500 mile La Camino de Santiago de Compostela pilgrimage in
(The French Way (or route)). Actually, I’m leaving on June 3rd, 2013. It will take 30 days. Spain
10. Publish something some place other than on my blog. Taking that several steps further, I aspire to be a travel writer providing the 411 on exciting destinations, off the beaten path things to do, yummy food to eat and great places to stay. And then get picked up by The Travel Channel and have a show that would be a combination Samantha Brown meets Anthony Bourdain (she’s too goody goody and he’s a bit brash) type vibe.
I don’t think any of these “some days” are too much to ask, do you? A girl’s got to dream!