Waking up on the right side of the bed is just AWESOME, plain and simple! Top Ten reasons why I'm happy today:
1. My scale smiled at me today! She's usually a really big bitch and I have a habit of avoiding her at all costs. Today, I'm feeling good and, you know what? She REALLY likes me. I'm loving her so much right now that I did a happy dance which guaranteed she won't end up in the trash anytime soon.
(Not my ugly toes. Mine are ALWAYS painted. A mans?)
2. Don't know what's with the dreams I'm having lately right before I wake up...some crazy ass stuff. Today, I'm smelling the most incredible food (I LOVE food) and for whatever reason, my nose is 6 inches from my grill (I grill all winter) and I am starving when I wake up. I descend to the kitchen a few short minutes later and there's a breakfast taco waiting for me. Yeaaa! AND a note about the dry cleaning I forgot to pick up : (.
3. Addison and I get in the car for my mandatory, first things first, coffee from the shop right around the corner. Turn the radio up because my favorite band is playing. A great cup of coffee and music...starting my day out right.
4. My Thursday morning workout was particularly brutal but Dave, my partner in crime, is wearing a Rocky tee-shirt just for me so I hit him really hard for a half an hour. He makes me laugh and I get to hit him. Doesn't get much better.
5. I'm feeling very motivated and, therefore, really productive. Checking off things on the to-do list right and left. Cleaners, check!
6. Only blip so far is a text from my college guy. He hates Finite Math and "my teacher goes too fast and sucks", "I have lots of studying to do before this test". At least he's texting from class so I know he's there. "Hell Week" this week at his fraternity is bringing this pledge way down. As a mom, you're only as happy as your most unhappy child and this one sucks it out of me if I let him. Not today!!!
7. Just received a call to plan the second of two warm weather vacations for the month of February. Looking way, way up! I'm an admitted traveloholic.
(Island of Nevis, West Indies)
8. I texted my next door neighbor to go for a long walk this afternoon in the glorious weather and she said yes.
9. My 13 1/2 year old Chocolate Lab is not wincing in pain and limping anymore from when I ran over her a week ago Monday. Thank God because...
10. The very best thing of all is my daughter is coming home today for a spur of the moment visit! She called yesterday and asked, "Would it be an inconvenience if I came home this weekend?". Are you kidding me? "I'll cook you anything you want, take you shopping and do your laundry (yuck). We'll have a glass of wine." (She's 21 so we can do that).
It's only 10:00 a.m. and it's got the makings of a great, great day!