Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WWW.Wednesday: What Else? BOOKS!!!!


The moratorium on book buying that’s been threatened for years has finally been passed. No more physical books. There’s been an unofficial count and I have in excess of 500. I guess you could say I’m on probation for life since we are moving next spring to significantly smaller digs. No room at the inn :-(!!! 

What have you recently finished?


Finally! Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

This is my review over there:

I loved this book! It made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. And nostalgic for those first feelings of love. The first time, yes, but also what it felt like to fall in love each time. Rowell perfectly describes the panic and scariness, crabbiness combined with uncertainty, then the gushing warmth upon realization that the feeling is mutual. Also it's fragile newness and how the world, everything, somehow seems different because of that love.

For me, there is nothing like a first kiss because there is only ever one of those with anyone. Eleanor and Park took me back to that/those sweet time(s).

I have never considered myself a YA fan. Even though this book is technically just that, it was simply a fabulous book. And I don't think it is necessarily gender specific, I know a few men who would love this book too.

If you have the opportunity to read, or even listen to this book, do it!!!

What am I currently reading?


I have about 50 pages left (or the last story). It is outstanding. Alice Munro is a master at her craft.

What will I read next?

Who knows? Probably the other Munro book I have.



Or…

Thanks to Should Be Reading for the opportunity to connect with other like minds about all things books!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

THANKS for stopping by my blog and commenting.

What did you mean about Eat, Love, Pray? You didn't like it?

I never read it so I am going into Signatures with an open mind. :)

Have a GREAT reading week.

BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My W...W...W...

Gina said...

I've enjoyed stopping by your blog on Wednesdays!

I'm mixed on E,P,L. It was an easy read but felt contrived. And Gilbert narcissistic. Come to find out after I finished (3-star-ish), she was paid to take the trip then write about it. I don't know...

But I do want to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about Eleanor & Park-I'm pretty far removed from being a "young adult" :-) but I adored that book. There's nothing like that hit-by-a-truck feeling of first real love, and that book captured it so well! I enjoyed Fangirl almost as much.

For some reason I don't think I've ever read any Alison Munro . . .

Gina said...

"hit-by-a-truck" feeling describes first real love perfectly. I miss that feeling sometimes. Or new love. I want to read Fangirl as well but taking a break from this genre.

Pulitzer Prize winning Alice Munro is my new favorite author.