Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WWW. Wednesday: Check Out My Books This Week...


What am I reading now?


 Amsterdam ( England's 1998 Booker Prize winner) by Ian McEwan who's one of my favorite authors. I’m only 60 pages in but, in typical McEwan fashion, it starts slooooowly. I know I’ll be immensely satisfied at its conclusion. I always am. My favorite book by this author is On Chesil Beach. I don’t anticipate that changing.


I’ve made major dents in the audio version of Eleanor and Park. Nothing in my area takes much longer than 10 minutes to get to so instead of sitting in random grocery store lots or my driveway, I’m walking around the house with ear buds in. I'm more in LOVE with this book every single minute I listen!!!!!

What did I just finish reading?


The Goldfinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will I read next?


Something from this stack of books sitting next to me.

I see The Circle by Dave Eggers and The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas Llosa (which I swapped out with one of mine at an Inn where I recently stayed) but possibly Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: Stories by Alice Munro.

All subject to whim. 

Happy Wednesday and happy reading (ALWAYS)!

Thanks to Should Be Reading for giving us the opportunity to share books with one another.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fellow lover of "Eleanor & Park" here--it's one of the best books I've read this year! Her newest book "Fangirl" is in my WWW post this week.

Anonymous said...

Your book pile looks like my bedroom - I've got at least 4 or 5 lined up, ready to go.

Gina said...

Me too. I think the BEST book I read all year was The Sense Of An Ending by Julian Barnes. I'm in love with E&P and I'm not much of a YA fan. I will be reading Fangirl however. It's been on my list for a while.

Gina said...

My bedroom has worse piles than in the study (there is also a wall of shelves in there). My husband has issued a moratorium on book buying but he knows I won't listen. I hardly do. I can be difficult that way. Poor man!!!

Stacie said...

Yay books! I have big stacks like that too. But I'm not reading all that much with blogging everyday and such. Maybe in December...

Jack said...

Between my Kindle and book shelves I have a similar pile.

Elizabeth said...

Your stacks look like mine...I had to get another bookshelf this week.

My friend is reading Goldfinch. Love the cover of Amsterdam.

THANKS for sharing.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My W...W...W...

Jen and Tonic said...

Whoa! That is a serious stack of "to read" books!

Gina said...

I'm trying to strike a balance. I like my books too much!

Gina said...

Yeah. I'm in trouble again for errant stacks. It just made me place another amazon order though. Whoops!

Gina said...

I don't have enough shelving. Don't know what I'll do. I'm now 100 pages into Amsterdam and it's really picking up which I knew it would. My The Goldfinch has flown the coop to a friend's house!

Gina said...

That's a mix of read and to read. I've got those stacks in the family room, bedroom, basement and game room. My husband thinks there's 500. I think more...