Feel free to chime in (guys) regarding this list. It’s okay because, if it’s negative, what you say isn’t going to change this list. It’s taken years to cultivate the person I am today.
Things I don’t do around the house*:
- I don’t change light bulbs.** I don’t even know where we keep the light bulbs although I could make a pretty good guess.
- I don’t mow the lawn (but I do mow the lawn at the lake).
- I don’t make my (our) bed even though every other bed in the house is always made (unless the kids are home). On the weekend, a bed fairy (not me) swoops in and makes it.
- I don’t buy the wine even though I drink the wine. It just appears in the refrigerator.
- I don’t (usually) take out the trash but I would if I felt it needed to be. There’s really no use emptying it until it is completely full. Am I right?
- I don’t iron. I understand that not ironing and nothing needing to be ironed are two different things.
- I don’t turn on the television. Probably in principal because there are three remotes for this one TV and I don’t care enough about TV to sync them in order to actually get the TV to turn on. I don't change dead batteries in remotes (computer mice, yes).
- I don’t respond (well) to reminder notes on the kitchen island if someone has asked me to do something (i.e. postmark the taxes, deposit a check, take the car to the dealership, etc.). If I’ve acknowledged hearing the request and committed to performing the task, it will be handled efficiently. If you ask if I did it, the answer will probably be, “Oops, I forgot.”
- I don’t turn socks or underwear right side out before I wash them. Uh, gross!
- I don’t clean the garage or the basement.
Someday, maybe, I’ll write about what I do do because, of course, it’s a much longer list than this one. I’m actually very, very good at the things I actually do do.
* This is not a complete list. List is subject to change on whim.
** This all started when I walked in the house on this drabby afternoon and the lamp in the family room refused to illuminate.
Bloggers Note: I walked into my house just now prepared to write about something entirely different. The title would have been, “Why I Failed Today”. Things change.