Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Kit Kat Wrapper In The Shower Drain And Other Strange Shit That Happens At My House...


When I first though about writing today, I was headed to Costco (no secret here that I hate the place). I was truly dreading going there today because I’m in trouble. Going to Costco digs my grave deeper because I have a self-control problem. Do I ever tell you that? With lots of things but mainly book buying. Plus, "we" just had a conversation about this issue last night (I have too many books (he says 500; I say that number's a little light)).

Instead of heading there directly after the gym, I thought every other Costco shopper would appreciate it if I showered first. So that’s what I did. And this is what I found…


Hmmmm.

At the current moment (November 21, 2013) only two people live in our house. I am one of them. I did not eat a Kit Kat in the shower. Actually, I haven’t had a Kit Kat lately even though there is an entire bag in the freezer. If not me, then who? I set out to investigate…



So at first, he’s unsure. Tries to blame the dog. Then...

Still weird in my book.

This segues into the next weird thing that happened in my house today. Routinely emptying the dishwasher, I shoved a spatula into the utensil drawer and this is what I heard.
 WTF is THAT???

You know what? I don't have time or interest to investigate this one. I’m going to leave it for the weekend when the kids arrive home for the holiday. Must have been one of them. Or perhaps, it’s whoever, uh hum, eats Kit Kats in the shower.

So this is one of those times you plan to write about one thing then it suddenly morphs into something else entirely. Happens to me all the time.

Off to Costco to buy books. Did I ever tell you I don’t listen very well especially if you’re telling me what/what not to do? (Liz, you do!!!)

10 comments:

Samantha Brinn Merel said...

I love the Costco book section! I always find something to buy.

Gina said...

I didn't find anything for myself that I didn't already have like Runaway by Alice Munro (I'm reading it now). I did get two copies of the book about the Monsters of the Midway (1985 Chicago Bears Superbowl Team) for my husband and dad for Christmas. Yep, and I bought a bunch of other stuff too!

Jamie Miles said...

This time of year -- within two months of Halloween -- I find candy wrappers in the washer all the time. Stuck down in the couch. Under the chairs. But in the shower? That's a new one.

Arnebya said...

I can't bring myself to buy books anymore. If I can't get it from the library? No. And I still need physical books so I won't buy them for the Kindle either. Weirdo.

Unknown said...

I have a terrible book problem at Costco too. I usually leave with 5 or so, even though I still have stacks of unread books in my closet. Love the kit kat story, so funny!

Gina said...

It's just the two of us (until this afternoon) and I'm weaned off the chocolate at the moment so...

It's definitely a new one. Loved how he assumed the dog first.

Gina said...

I'm going to have to start hitting up the library soon. When I move, there will be no room. Going to have a massive give-away!!!

Gina said...

I'm happy when I get to Costco and they don't have any titles I want or the ones there, I already purchased. This was the case yesterday. The only title that was of interest to me was Runaway and I bought it from Amazon a few weeks back.

It was funny. And I knew it would be fun to text him about it and wait for the answer.

Jack said...

Yeah, that noise in the drawer is weird.

Gina said...

Amanda came home today and when we were cooking dinner, it happened to her. She immediately said it was a bottle opener she gave her grandfather (recently departed). Solved!!!