Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Kid's Are In The House: Day One


Not me!
I wrote a post. It was a ten minute-ish, stream of consciousness, kind of post. I thought it was pretty good considering the limited time I had to write it. 

It was about a quiet start to my Saturday, a house full of kids (one girl, six boys, two mine, five not) and Dunkin' Donuts. It was sweet and light just like the morning I was having since they sleep in so late. 

It was about the joys of having college kids home for the Thanksgiving holiday and the inherent, yet lovely, commotion that tags along. The crazy hours, the revolving door of friends in and out and in and out. Even the sibling bickering sounded like a refreshing change to my normally quiet routine.

And in the very few seconds I took my eye off the ball amidst the chaos of having seven college kids in the house, I managed to cut (but not paste) and delete the post I wrote without saving it.

So I put on my happy, smiling, “nice” mommy face even though I’m frustrated as hell right now. I began writing again. And this post is nothing like the post I wrote before but it's all I can do right now.

It's only day one.

It could end up being a long nine days…

8 comments:

Christie Tate said...

Nine days!!! That's intense. Have fun.

Gina said...

Five go home tomorrow then it's just the four of us but my kids bicker to no end. Drives me apeshit to the point I want to scream (well, I do end up screaming usually). Sweet little angels, they are ;-).

Teepee12 said...

We should all write our posts in an external app like word or something, then copy and paste. Right, sure, like that's going to happen. So many times have I thought I'd saved it but didn't. Think of the great material you'll have by the end of the holiday!

Gina said...

I DO that because don't like Blogspot's formatting and to save elsewhere in case Blogspot blows up. Fail on my part!

Great material, indeed! Pasta making today!!!

Jack said...

Time to go self hosted. WP saves every few moments.

Gina said...

You are right as you sometimes are ;-). I've been strongly considering it.

Jack said...

Men are always right, just ask us. ;)

Gina said...

I take their word for it.