Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday's Music: Heart's Love Shack Baby Stings Alicia, She's Cryin' And Looking For Reasons



The ladies running the show over at Monday Music Moves Me (Xmas Dolly, Stacy Uncorked, Cathy Kennedy, and Shakira) have provided the most awesome theme for this week’s music selections!

SONGS FROM THE YEAR YOUR CHILDREN WERE BORN

My kids are old-ish so that means I must be too…nah! It’s all about the age you are in your head! At least to me. Here's to 1990 and 1993. While I was working, preparing bottles, warming jars of food and cutting up PB&J's, I was also listening and dancing!

In 1990, Phil Collins had several songs in the top 100. Wilson Phillips was new on the charts with harmonies and lyrics that drew me in so completely that I ran out for their album. Janet Jackson was making a run and Milli Vanilli hadn’t been “found out” yet.

It was difficult for me to choose just two songs from this year. So I picked one that I still love from Heart that’s a bit scandalous if you listen to the words. I’ve always loved those two rocker chicks!


And the other was the one I sang and danced to the most in the early 90’s playing at every single party for the next several years. Remember the B52?



1993 seemed to be all about Whitney and I Will Always Love You. Meatloaf was jamming I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) as she belted out those ballads. 

I was and still am touched by Stings song, Fields Of Gold. It makes my mind drift to places and people I love to remember.



I played Aerosmith’s Cryin’ constantly. Feel in love with the video on MTV and young Alicia Silverstone. Just wait until the end of this. Pretty damn good and a nice screw you!



And I just had to add a third. Rod might creep out some of you but he was all that back in the early days (despite the crazy stomach stories, if you know what I mean…) and this is my absolute, hands down, favorite song of his! He’s singing it live and I love that everyone sings it with him.


Happy Monday!


Photobucket


12 comments:

Colette S said...

Okay we would be music besties! I LOVE these choices. It's always so hard to choose one or two songs!

Ooh and I was so hooked on that first song! I was a kid!! Oooh
Oh the things music do to you!

Thanks for joining our team this week.

XmasDolly said...

OH WOW TIME TO PARTY - EXCUSE ME WHILE I TURN UP MY SPEAKERS! Such rockin choices girl! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us!

Jack said...

Man, I have a few stories tied up with these songs, but I think I shall keep them to myself for now.

Good old 1993, I was only 7...

Cathy Kennedy said...

First off NEVER use the "old" word again. None of us are THAT here. lol We're all young at heart FOREVER, and ever, and ever! I just love all of your picks. Out of my three children, two were born in the 90s - 1991 & 1994 so I was digging these tunes right along with you sista through the diaper changes and feedings. Thanks for sharing and dancing with us on Monday's Music Moves Me!

Rebecca said...

Loved all the choices huge fan of Aerosmith as well as Heart and Sting
Come Say HI

Catherine said...

Dear Gina, I love these classics. Blessings, Catherine

Gina said...

I love having music besties! That first song has been a long time favorite!

Thanks for visiting.

Gina said...

Thanks, Doll!

Gina said...

ExCUSE me!

Gina said...

You totally get them, Cathy! Thanks!

Gina said...

This is my favorite Aerosmith song. Love heart and most of Sting. Thanks for coming by.

Gina said...

Thank you so much, Catherine!