Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blog Discovery Day

I just discovered this blog today called Sunday Stealing (sundaystealing.blogspot.com). Every Sunday, the game, I think, is to answer the questions that are stolen from another blog each Sunday. I don't know. I'm going to take a stab at this each week between my other lazy activities for the day. So here is this week's Community Meme.

Sunday Stealing: The Community Meme 

1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?
Since I’m a new blogger, just what pops into my head.

2.   If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why?
I would switch with one of two people…the editor of Conde Nast Traveler or Anthony Bourdain from The Travel Channel. Why them? They have unlimited access to travel! I am obsessed with traveling and willing to go anywhere at any time. I would choose the gift of travel over the Hope diamond every single time. 

3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
“You can’t always get what you want” The Rolling Stones or Pink “Raise Your Glass”. True and fun! 

4.  What is your writing process for a post?
See 1.

5.  Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot-what would it be?
Addison (one of my chocolate labs) caught mid-air after taking a running leap off our pier at the lake.

6.  Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?
I’m getting there. Since no one is reading it, it’s pretty easy to be myself. However, my mind is far more R-rated then I have let on so far.

7.  What is your biggest online pet-peeve?
When you have to type in those funky words to authenticate an entry for a website, if that's what you call it, ala Ticketmaster purchases. ANNOYING!

8.     If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
It would be on an island in the Pacific inhabited by only those truly important to me. We would have all the food and wine we would ever need and live peacefully with each other.

9.  You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, or you’re sad-what is your go-to comfort?
Either I call one of my best friends to bitch or I read.

10.  What is your favorite inspirational quote?
I have two, both by Mother Theresa. “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people my cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.” AND 
Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

11.  If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?
Me: Gwyneth Paltrow; Leading Man: George Clooney; Best Friend: Sandra Bullock; Rival: Madonna

  12.  Do you think the world isgoing to end in 2012?
No

13.   If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
My procrastination when no one notices.

14.  What is your favorite season and why?
The Fall in Chicago because of it’s beauty and glorious jeans and sweater weather. It feels like a new beginning or transition to me.

15.  You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
I’d have no choice but to embrace it. I am a biter at times. A guy in college got really mad at me for biting him in the shoulder (through his shirt, I might add) and didn’t speak to me for over a year. He figured out he wanted to date me again but I had already moved way on. It was unfortunate because he was gorgeous. Interestingly enough, he now lives in my tiny suburban Chicago village. It was a long time before I bit anyone again and the next guy liked it!

16.  Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
No but I don’t have any.

17.  What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
White, gray and black lace thong

18.  Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?
Of course! Who hasn’t?

19.  What is your favorite word and explain why?
Besides a good explicative to emphasize a point (my favorite is fuck) there are too many to pick one.

20.  2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you’d like to do different on you blog in the year 2012?
Figure out a better format and design. Interest some people.

No comments: