I haven’t had the chance to play over at Mama Kat’s in the last few months so I thought I would join in the fun since I need a little lightness and air today. I chose:
5. List 10 random things you know how to do.
1. I can bounce on a Pogo Stick like nobody’s business. If I was challenged right this very minute, I could probably do at least 50 if not 100 bounces. When my kids were little, I bought them one. Mr. Cautious (aka my husband) said, “Are you kidding? Someone will break their neck!” Well, no one broke his or her neck pogo sticking...
2. I can turn my tongue upside down. You know, flip it over. It’s not useful but I know for a fact not everyone can do that. And not everyone can tie a cherry stem with his or her tongue either, but I can. Don’t know why I know party tricks but I do.
3. Recite the Greek alphabet three times before a lit match burns my fingers. Again, I learned a lot in college just not always the “right” stuff.
4. I can memorize just about anything within minutes. If you tell me your birthday (two times) or phone number (three times), I will be able to repeat it back for you the next time you see me. You should watch me Internet shop alternating credit cards (to dodge detection) from memory.
5. I can wriggle my right ear, and only the right one, without moving any other part of my face/head.
6. I can make homemade pasta or pizza dough within minutes.
7. I can maintain silence for hours and hours on end. I actually think I could do a ten-day “vow of silence” meditation retreat. Now wanting to actually do it is an entirely different story.
8. I can stand for a very, very, very long time in tree pose and do it on top of things. Like a tree stump or a rock.
9. Not to brag but I can pick up anything with my toes, even something extremely small. It’s akin to my talent with chopsticks where I can pick up one teensy grain of white rice. Oh, and watch out, I can pinch too (with both toes and sticks).
10. I can actually grow and maintain some decent dreadlocks…with the right hair products, of course. Gross (?) but true. I kind of like that look sometimes (while on a beachy vacation not in regular life).