I’ve fallen out of my Monday Listicles routine over the last few weeks. I think I’ll blame the holidays one more time for throwing a wrench into things. No really. I did enjoy the holidays but I’m definitely ready for some good old-fashioned nothingness. Aren’t you?
Here’s the topic for today. Easy, shmeasy!
10 Things I Have No Intention of Changing in 2013
1. I WILL continue to sing, unfortunately. I’ve been on a karaoke roll recently, having performed twice over the holidays. I can’t sing but I like to dance with a microphone in my hand. Maybe I’d be better at backup?
2. I WILL NOT be giving up my, slightly more than, occasional glass of wine even though I fully understand it’s impact on my body’s reluctance to drop those last few pounds that are nagging me. It’s a cost/benefit, pros/cons thing, in my opinion. I’ll just exercise more and eat less. How about that?
3. I WILL continue to require a workout before I sit down to write. Besides, that is when I come up with my best ideas. It’s good for me for a multitude of reasons.
4. I WILL continue to embrace my inner laziness if that’s what you call my ability to read for hours on end. Sitting on the couch reading is not being lazy. I can definitely show you real laziness. Watching sports is, technically, being lazy, too.
5. I WILL continue to dislike a certain, non-blood, relative in 2013 because she is still not very kind to me. Last year, I extended an olive branch (being the “bigger” person and all) and the year before that I did as well and the year before that… This year? Uh-uh! Don’t even ask me. The answer is “NO”.
6. I WILL still watch my favorite “shows” every night, Monday through Thursday. I feel it's what winter IS for when you live in a cold climate. Watching TV. I’m strictly a three-season TV watcher. And it looks like there’s going to be some really good mid-season series starting. Can’t wait to set the DVR!
7. I WILL NOT stop writing in run on sentences because I enjoy it and they make me feel slightly manic and that’s sort of a fun and exhilarating feeling.
8. I WILL try to keep my blog my secret again in 2013. It’s been really, really enjoyable carving out this one little place of paradise that is totally MINE. Plus, if I tell anyone in my “real” life”, they might look at me funnier than they already do.
9. I WILL continue being myself, or even more myself, this year. Hang on people; you’re in for a ride. So that means silly is going to get sillier. Dorky is going to get dorkier. And, and…
10. I WILL NOT change my introspective nature. I don’t always (hardly ever) share what I’m really thinking. My mind runs off on tangents and I should probably toss breadcrumbs so as to return to my original thought. I'm sorry but I will probably still tell "you" what you want to hear. Sometimes it’s easier for me that way.
There you have it.
I’m sure there are more things I have no intention of changing in 2013. I can think of 5 more right now actually but you will be spared those.