The topic over at Stasha's Monday Listicles this week, suggested by Bonnie, is “10 Great Things About Me”.
This is sort of awkward for me. I don’t usually talk or write about what I think is great about myself. I’d rather “you” figure that out by knowing me then “you” decide what “you” think. “You” don’t even need to tell me but if “you” do, “you” will get a big hug (heads up Azara ;-))
10 Things I’m Way Better Than Average At:
1. Making Someone Pee Their Pants- Well, not everyone will but I’m really, really good at making friends laugh especially when I make fun of myself. I have this one friend who does (pee her pants) on a rather frequent basis (she’s not proud of it). It may be me. I go a little too far then I’m all like “no, no, no DON’T!” but it’s always too late.
2. It’s Your Idea Anyway- Some may call it manipulation. I call it Psychology 201. I can help you think something is your idea or a good one. Consider it my win/win approach to negotiating for something I’d like. My nickname in sales was the “Velvet Hammer”.
3. Ready, Set, Go!- If you told me you’d be here or we’re leaving the house in 30 minutes, I’d totally be ready. I’ve mastered S/H/M/C (that’s shower, hair, makeup, clothes) in less than that.
4. Onion Peeling – It was curiosity that killed the cat, I swear! I’m a fantastic question asker. Even my questions have questions. I love to peel away every layer. I often say, “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want.” but I'm always hopeful you will. I should have been a journalist or an interviewer of some sort. Then I’m….
5. All Ears- I will listen forever. I don’t need to hear my voice. I’m extremely attentive, won't judge and will give advice only if asked. However, if you’re boring, I will daydream. If you’re egotistical or a braggart, I will politely excuse myself. I subscribe to the theory “Not my information to share.” If you tell me something in confidence that information will never cross my lips again unless, of course, you bring it up. But I have….
6. Elephantitis of the Memory- Don’t tell me anything you don’t want me to remember for the rest of my natural years. I remember everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Tell me your phone number twice and I’ll know it forever. I’m like Rain Man. My family and friends don’t often need a phonebook. Faces are etched forever. All of this is a blessing and curse sometimes (See #6.).
7. Kickass Dinner Parties: We eat, we laugh, we dance…that’s all. If they’re impromptu, that’s so much more fun. Call us up last minute; we’re game (to order in too) but don't dress up. When cold weather sets in we stay in more than go out. So come over. I promise you’ll have a blast!
8. Hugging It Out- I truly believe I could win a “hug out” if there were ever a contest. I excel at hugging. It's a true talent.This is a warning for those of you I haven’t met yet. I will hug you so consider yourself warned.
9. Partners In Crime Need Not Apply- Have a crazy idea, a proposed adventure, or something outrageous you’d like to try? I’m your girl. I’m an awesome PIC and it’s highly unlikely that I’d say no. And if it turns out it was a bad idea, I won't leave you hanging by yourself. We're partners after all!
10. Being a Mom- I am NOT perfect. I’ve made a million mistakes but I'm often told my kids (19 and 22 years old) turned out very well. They're loved by many and people really enjoy hanging out with them because they're fun and engaging but, most of all, they’re kind human beings. Selfishly, I hope it’s a reflection on their parents.
That wasn’t too bad. Happy first week of December!