Today’s agenda at Stasha’s place is LIST 10 FOODS. Topic courtesy of Bridget at Twinisms.
I could assemble a list of my 10 favorite foods but I talk about food a lot anyway, so that bores even me.
I could put together a list of things I’ll eat. As indicated by the reaction of my scale this morning after a weekend out of town celebrating the holidays, that list is way too long and would be arduous to narrow down to just 10.
I could challenge myself (why would I do that on a Monday during the holidays?) and think of 10 foods I do not like, generally boycott, or would refuse to choke down. There’s so few of those that this should prove burdensome.
10 FOODS I HATE
OR WOULDN’T PUT IN MY MOUTH
OR ONLY IF I WAS FORCED
1. Peas- It’s a known fact I hate them. Would I eat them on a dare or if someone forced me? Yes, but I wouldn’t be happy about or like it.
2. Raw mushrooms- I wouldn’t just pick one up and eat it. I have a difficult enough time with cooked ones (other than portabellas) because of their slimy consistency but like peas, I’d eat them if I would get some benefit like money out of it.
3. Raisons- Never liked them as a kid and hated when people gave them out as treats for Halloween. Still don’t care for them and not even in cookies. Put in chocolate or butterscotch chips instead.
4. Goat cheese in sweets- I tried a goat cheese brownie yesterday. If I weren’t at a restaurant, I would have spit it in my napkin. Actually, I should have. It gave me the willies and I almost refused to swallow it. Don’t do that to brownies, please.
5. Frog legs- I don’t even think I need to explain this. Who thought eating them was a good idea? I have a brother in law who, every time he orders them, picks them up and performs a little dance with them before he sinks his teeth in. Wrong!
6. Lamb- Anything and I’ve given a good effort here. I really have. Sometimes, I’ll take a bite of someone’s lamb chop and think, “That’s not so bad.” But then, why would I eat a whole plate of it if it were not so bad? AND if you cook it in your house, which I mistakenly have for one of my kids, your house smell like funk for days.
7. Wild game- I’ll group Buffalo, Venison, wild birds, and any other four legged mammal, bird or amphibian that’s not a cow, pig or chicken.
8. I Don’t Do Organs
9. Blue Cheese- If you want to see me vomit which I guarantee no one does, don’t make me eat a hunk of Blue Cheese. And don’t try to pass it off in a salad or dish. I can taste it from the moment it touches my tongue. You know that’s its mold, right?
10. Sardines (any way they come), Anchovies (unless you chop them up so small and don’t tell me (but I’ll know and not make a huge deal about it)), Herring- When I was in college, gold fish eating contests were big. Nothing alive and squirmy and slippery will ever end up swimming around in my stomach.
I thought this was going to be harder than it was. As I said, there’s not much I won’t eat.
I’m not getting on the scale for a few days until I can get this S$%T (me) under control around here!