Monday, September 28, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Yep! It is Monday. It has been a long time since I have told you, my long lost blog, what I am reading. As you will soon note, I am all over the place. In a good way, but still.

Here goes!

H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald. I have been dabbling with this one for several months. Last night, I (re)picked it up and I am so thrilled I did. It is lush.

Between the World and Me by Ta-Nejisi Coates. This is an important book.

Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. I am listening to this one, and it is an easy listen. I find Hornby books good for this. Engaging.

Orlando by Virginia Woolf. Been wanting to read this for some time. I have very little experience with Woolf. This, I hear, is a good place to start and I scored this at my favorite used bookstore, Better World Books, this weekend (along with Naked by David Sedaris).

Finished lots of great stuff too, but I need to leave something for my next post!!!


What’s going on in your reading world these days? And did you watch last night's Super Moon?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't see the moon. My husband went out, said it was too cloudy, then a bit later said he could see it, come on out. Except no. Now I'm in bed.

I'm finally reading And the Mountains Echoed and something by Tom Clancy (with my 12-year-old, ssssshhh).

Gina said...

I out waited my husband and made him get out of bed. Same in Chicago; started cloudy then popped out. It was really gorgeous.

Tom Clancy?!?!? Yikes! Been a long time! Hey, he's reading! My son's favorite book around that age was Ender's Game. When he misplaced his original hardcover, he wanted another. That paperback has sat on his bedside table ever since! He's read it almost every year. He's 22. Maybe this Clancy book will be the same; you never know!!!

What are you doing for our birthday???

Josh said...

Memory Man By David Baldacci.

Gina said...

Good? Haven't read a Baldacci in years.

Josh said...

My first and I like it. The hard part for me is I keep anticipating what he is going to do/write. I don't normally do that, but something about this one...

Anyhoo, I'm enjoying it and that is most important to me.

Gina said...

I have a habit of doing that with thrillers myself. Unfortunately, I can usually guess who did it, and I wish it weren't that way. There have been a few I've liked, but I don't read many anymore.

That's why I don't always pay attention to reviews (for books or movies). I rely mostly on recommendations of friends who know what I like or might like. We're reading and enjoying. What a wonderful way to spend time!!!

Gina said...

Speaking of movies... I am going to see both The Martian and Everest this weekend. I can not WAIT!

H.R. Bennett said...

A coworker reminded me about the existence of one of my favorite books of all time, "Dragon Weather". I found out that it's actually the first of a trilogy that, when I originally found the book, hadn't even been written yet. I'm re-reading "Dragon Weather" first before I dig into the next two.

Gina said...

That's awesome! I'll have to check out this title. More of a good thing is always a good thing! It seems to happen rarely where a book we adore is part of a series! I am enjoying a series now by Elena Ferrante (translated from Italian) that is absolutely brilliant. I love books!