Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (Books): September 16, 2014


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am currently reading Adultery by Paulo Coelho (of The Alchemist fame (I guess I’m telling you this to justify the racy title of this book)). I won’t go into a detailed plot description here because I don’t know if I am supposed to, or not. You can check it out on Goodreads. I opened the book to page 200, and I wish I would not have gone ahead of where I am because now I have a gigantic clue as to what will happen in the next 45 pages. RATS!!!
Here are the teasers from that page:
“If my man wasn’t desired and pursued by these sluts, then he must be completely uninteresting.”
“My husband seems very interested in Marianne’s reply and asks her to talk a bit more about the arousal she gets from knowing about the extramarital affairs.” (YIKES!)

I am a little more than halfway through, and really like it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Alchemist is a classic, who knew Coelho had such a racy side? lol

Unknown said...

Sounds like shenanigans are going on:) Naughty, naughty.
Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/16/teaser-tuesdays-81-free-short-story-raker-by-christopher-a-gray-move-over-robocop/

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like the husband is getting a vicarious thrill from Marianne's descriptions! Good Teaser.
Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Tumbleweeds.

Unknown said...

Wow, that woman sounds a little unusual. And the husband seems a little too interested in that response. Thanks for sharing!
My Teasers.

Gina said...

Yes, The Alchemist is a classic. I have read it, and The Pilgrimage (which I didn't like nearly as much). It definitely has some sauce and uncomfortable situations as you might expect from the title.

Gina said...

It IS naughty and very sad. Coelho does a great job tapping into the feelings most of us have encountered while in long term relationships and the seemingly monotonousness of day-to-day life.

Gina said...

I'm guessing that is the truth. Haven't reached that page yet!!!

Gina said...

There is definitely some mixed emotions and signals happening here. Let's see how it resolves in the next 50 pages.