Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I Just Wrote My 500th Post!!!

And I didn't even realize it! I mean the one before this one!!!

Writing has been slow going and complicated for me lately. For a lot of reasons, but mostly due to lack of time (and the disappearance of "Creative Gina" in favor of "Practical Gina"). As you know from yesterday's post, I have immersed myself in the world of yoga. It is time consuming, but it makes me feel good, even better than any other form of exercise or meditation. It has cleared my head, and I needed that to happen. It feels nice to smile more times a day than I remember. I even have deep smile lines now, DAMMIT!!!! Is there a magic pill for wrinkles?

My goal is to write at least 50 more posts before the end of the year, then hit the writing hard core January 1st. Look out!!!

8 comments:

Kir said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 500! So glad I get to read your words.

Gina said...

Thanks, doll!!!!!!! I am so happy you were the one who commented! Thanks so much! I got to 300, and even 400, so quickly. Then I had a slow down, but it is starting to feel like I may be back. The change of weather does that. Changes how I feel in certain ways. XO

Jack said...

You are selling yourself short. You can get a 100 out between now and Dec. 31.

www.icescreammama.com said...

love that you're now into yoga! i aspire to be a yoga chick but get bored so quickly. i probably haven't found the right class. and it sound so perfect to think of new essay ideas!!

Gina said...

I am trying. I am trying. I am trying.

Gina said...

Well, I've been into yoga for years and years though it ebbs and flows. I sometimes exercise like a maniac and other times I am a lazy slug. Usually, I strike a decent balance. I feel I don't need to balance anything devoting time each day to yoga. I enjoy it unlike any other form of exercise (except cycle classes which I love but could never do every single day). It just feels good.

I feel the same about Pilates. Everyone is always pushes it, and it bores me to tears. Yoga does not.

I think of essays on the way there and back because things just seem to happen. During class? No time to think about anything but breathing and what I am doing. I don't even look at anyone else.

Thanks for the visit!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I don't have a widget like yours where I can easily add mine up. I never wrote 300 in a years so I'm sure I'm nowhere 500. My goodness!

Gina said...

Kenya, you have definitely posted 500 times! Blogger has a stats counter. I look at it only occasionally, so I almost missed it! Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me!!!