Thursday, July 27, 2017

100-Word Challenge: Clockwork


I know it’s 6:05 a.m. so there’s no need to look. My still sleeping mind knows the shower door swings open exhaling sweet wafts of steamy fog. It summons sunshowers in summertime. The fresh, wind snapped smell of terry cloth stirs me. Not quite desire, but close. If my eyes were open, I’d quickly see my beloved’s silhouette jet past to the closet. What's the hurry?

Once I whisper, 

“Come back to me, Honey. Let me inhale your Dove-scented skin from top to toes. Make you tardy for work.”

You’ll stay. You’re like clockwork. With some things.

*******************************

The 100-word challenge at Thin Spiral Notebook provided us with the word "water". We can either use or imply it. This one's been in my notepad in a different version for a long time

3 comments:

TL Roberts said...

Very sexy. Wonderful descriptions while leaving enough to the reader's imagination.

angela said...

What a sensual piece that says so much without being graphic!

Gina said...

Going from memory! Thank you!