Thursday, March 16, 2017

When I Should Be Doing Something Else



I do not have ducks.

I do not have a row.

   I have squirrels………

 And they’re at a rave.
@elephantjournal


Is this you, too? Ever feel this way, too? At least some of the time?

Or how about this one:

“I tried to be normal once. Weirdest two minutes of my life.”

Or

“In my defense, I was left unsupervised.”

Or

“Some people 

never go crazy.

What truly horrible

lives they must lead.”

Charles Bukowski

(Kidding, kind of...)

About people and books:

“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”

Lemony Snicket

Or

“Reading a good book in silence

is like eating chocolate for the

rest of you life and never

getting fat.”

Becca Fitzpatrick

[Hear, Hear!]

So this is stuff I do when I am procrastinating (AKA what I am doing when I should be doing something else.).  And I read.


Sorry, not sorry.

What do you do when you should be doing something else?

4 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

I read too! And lately, I've been knitting. I'm a new knitter and I'm eager to practice my new-found skills! I'm pretty good at procrastinating!

Gina said...

I'm a new knitter as well! So relaxing!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I love that last quote. My procrastination is Pinterest. I've gotten into essential oils and making homemade stuff from all purpose cleaners to bodywashes!

Gina said...

I'm just in some kind of funk of late, Not these last ten days but before that. I think winter's grayness gets to me after a while. And its drudgery!

Wow! I'm going to be knitting and getting more spring feeling, I hope. Lots of family things going on so that's another plus.