Saturday, December 6, 2014

Feels Like Bragging: Are You

The "Are You" meme over at Sunday Stealing.

1. Are you psychic in any way? Yes, I truly believe this to be true.

2. Are you a good dancer? I think so. My dancing gets better in direct proportions to the amount of wine I've had. However, there is a fine line between the time it goes from fabulous to time to go home. Nah!!!! Kidding!

3. Are you a good singer? No. Wait! In the car I am. My family would contest this statement.

4. Are you a good cook? I'm a fabulous cook.

5. Are you a good artist? I can doodle with the best of doodlers.

6. Are you a good listener? This I can say with tremendous confidence. I am a stellar listener!

7. Are you a good public speaker? I can do it. The less people I know in the the crowd, the better. Speaking in front of people I know makes me more nervous.

8. Are you a good babysitter? Yes, in short spurts.

9. Are you a good mechanic? Uh, no. And I'm okay with it.

10. Are you a good diplomat? Outstanding.

11. Are you a good employee? Yes, I take and follow direction well. I finish what I start. I'm overly reliable.

12. Are you a good dresser? Yes, except when I don't have to be. I can rock sweats rather well and comfortably.

13. Are you a good swimmer? Yeah, I swim for my job. That said, I won't win any races though.

14. Are you a good skier? I've been skiing my whole life.

15. Are you a good gift giver? I am feeling so smug with this meme. I'm not good at everything but this is giving me an ego boost! I give great present!!! I love to give. I'm far less comfortable receiving. Giving me things is never required. I have what I need.

16. Are you a good musician? No, I'm not musically gifted. I played guitar, badly, for one year when I was in seventh grade. My parents still have my guitar.

17. Are you a good comedian? I am a horrible joke teller, an average storyteller, but I'm great at  slightly sarcastic one liners. My friends think I'm funny. At least they're laughing at me.

18. Are you a good cleaner? Not my strongest suit. My house "appears" clean. I use smoke and mirrors.

19. Are you a good actor? Yes. I can make you believe things.

20. Are you a good writer? I can be at times. I need the right motivation. Lacking a muse these days. Any takers?

www.sundaystealing.blogspot.com

16 comments:

Jack said...

Slacker. Write about the turtle and the shark. Or write about why the Bears O line hates Cutler.

jennifer anderson said...

you go girl!

Stacy said...

I'm with you...I am freakin' Janis Joplin in the car!

CountryDew said...

Motivation for writing is hard to come by. The Muses went on strike about 10 years ago and no one has seen them since. I believe they are on vacation in some far-off, inaccessible island.

Kwizgiver said...

I am terrified of skiing, even cross-country skiing freaks me out!

Gina said...

I am tired of blogging from my phone. The turtle sat on my head this past Wednesday, the sharks left me alone, the Aripaima started thrashing scaring the crap out of me, and a stingray kissed my mask and wouldn't let go. I don't even want to discuss the Bears, or Cutler in particular. Found a $10 bill on the sidewalk yesterday, and found the perfect person to give it to today. Saw two movies today, Birdman (awesome and quirky) and Wild (fantasic). See, I have lots to say.

Gina said...

I try!

Gina said...

Oh yeah!!!

Gina said...

I love island life!!!

Gina said...

My theory on skiing is you need to learn when you are young and fearless. We become so cautious as adults, and the second you are tentative on the slopes, you are practically doomed.

Kir said...

Yes, I think you're pretty much excellent at most things.
I'm a very good gift giver too and I can tell a good story, people always ask me to "tell so-and-so the story about ..you know!" and I like doing that.

Getting to know you through memes like this makes me smile. :)

Jack said...

Does Matt know how mom fried the computer? That would make for a good conversation. ;)

Gina said...

Yes! He was the only one present. Swore him to secrecy and he didn't snitch...yet. Not something of which I am proud. But if you're me, shit happens! I'll come clean soon!

Gina said...

Not even close! They just asked the right questions! You DO tell a great story!!!

Making you smile is my goal!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

This was really fun to read! Car singers count!

Jane said...

Love that your parents still have your guitar. :)
Maybe they're still hoping you'll apply yourself to some lessons…