Here is a quick and dirty Sunday Stealing where the questions are plentiful and the answers sometimes nonsensical. Of course, I should be packing, or outside at least as it is a beautiful day. This first, then that!
1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? This is hard. I had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout the country for my job once-upon-a-time ago, and most of my travel desires are for destinations far and away. Sonoma County, California. I have been to Napa, but friends rave about Sonoma. And I love wine. More on this below.
2. Name your guilty pleasure. Wine. Chocolate. Wine and chocolate at the same time. Secrets. Wine and chocolates and secrets all at the same time.
3. The best kind of milkshake is: I have two favorites. The first choice is always chocolate malt. A close second is root beer. And one of my favorite things to do is have a shake for lunch.
4. What do you value most in people? Honesty, the ability to dig beneath the surface, and a non-judgmental nature, passion, sense of humor, compassion. Was I to pick just one? Impossible.
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies? I ONLY bake cookies so that I can eat raw dough first. My sole preference for dough is chocolate chip. I like brownie batter, too.
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? No, not really. The truly bad things I have done are things I would not do again.
7. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited? In the U.S. of A., it is Telluride, CO and its gorgeous box canyon. Abroad, hands down, it is Positano, Italy (actually, the entire Amalfi Coast) with Lake Como framed by the Alps as a back up choice.
8. Are you more of a thinker or feeler? This is hard because I spend much of my day deep in thought. The more I think, the more I feel. Sometimes to the point that thinking and/or feeling hurts. I guess, I am more of a thinker, but my decisions are usually made by gut feelings first.
9. Have you ever participated in a three-legged-race? Yes, at a State Farm’s annual picnic back when I was in my early twenties.
10. Name three things you are thankful for right now. My health because I may soon lose a friend, my family although we are imperfect but close, the quality of the friends who share my life.
11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? Always. And my gaze is to the flag.
12. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law? Yes, once time in college. The circumstances were such that I was called down to the police station in the middle of the night. I was luckily let off the hook without incident. If the same course of events happened today, I would have spent the night in jail.
13. When was the last time you intentionally surprised someone else? Yesterday, I surprised someone else when an explicative accidentally slipped from my lips. Surprised myself at the same time. Not that I don’t swear. I do. It was the timing of such that was surprising.
14. When was the last time you deliberately surprised someone else? I can’t remember a specific time off the top of my head. SAD! Although, I do sneak sneak up on one of my closest friends often and give her a little love pinch and she usually screams.
15. What is the last really funny movie you watched? I have not seen a movie in a long while. Again, SAD! I have been looking for a good side splitting movie to rent, or book to read (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was my last hilarious read, or Quesadillas). Any suggestions? But this is hilarious...