Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Oh My, Starry Eyed Surprise"


(Blogger's Note: I wrote this for Yeah Write's new challenge, couldn't get the linkback to work, and by the time I came back to work on it, the grid was full! Oh, well! Next week!)

Foreheads touch then rock to nose tips.

Our breaths fog like mists of memory; 
wafting of dark chocolate.

Almost imperceptible shivers shoot 
from fingers to toes then back

As I will it.

Their softness sends me,

And all I see are stars.

**************************

This was written for Yeah Write’s inaugural Garblebuster!!!

42 words in response to the prompt:

What’s so amazing that keeps us stargazing?

Well, of course, it's a great kiss!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice take on the prompt, Gina. You should link this up on the Moonshine Grid this weekend.
I'm sure we'll see you on the Gargleblaster grid next week. Can't wait!

Kir said...

I loved this you romantic devil, you.
I felt my own tummy fill with butterflies and my vision cloud with stardust.

I wrote but missed the link up too, the grid filled very quickly. :(

hope you're having a great week Gina. XO

JannaTWrites said...

I didn't realize there was a cap on entries, either. Sorry you missed it because this is one of my favorites! Love the fluttery feeling of love :)

Gina said...

Thanks so much, cynk! I am out of town this weekend with no access to internet otherwise I definitely would link up with Moonshine. If not next week, the following for sure.

Gina said...

You know me too well! But then, kissing will do that to anyone (so long as it's a goooood one!).

It did fill up quickly. Thankfully you came over to visit. I am heading your way.

I am having an awesome week that is soon to get more awesome!!!

Gina said...

I'm going to need to be more on top of my game if I intend to participate! You are sooooooo sweet to say that, Janna! Love love too!

Anonymous said...

This one is so dense with meaning. I read it a few times and found more each time. You've used your 42 words impressively.

Gina said...

This is one of my favorite comments ever. To think you would read it more more than once makes my heart soar! Thank you!!!

Jack Steiner said...

Oh, I thought they knocked heads and that made them see stars.